This wiki is a read-only version of the Stardew Valley Wiki. The official editable wiki maintained by ConcernedApe can be found at stardewvalleywiki.com
The Bus Stop is an exterior map near the center of Stardew Valley, and is where you first arrive at the start of the game. The main path through this area connects The Farm to the west with Pelican Town to the east. By following the road to the west you can also access the lower section of the Backwoods (the road cannot be followed to the east).
The Minecart in the northwest corner of the map is initially broken; once repaired, it provides access to the Mines, Pelican Town near the Blacksmith, and the Quarry.
The bus is broken down after you arrive and remains so until repaired by the Junimos after purchasing all of the Vault Bundles for a total of 42,500g or by purchasing the Bus repair for 40,000g from the Joja Community Development Form.
Pam becomes the Bus Driver once the bus is repaired. She arrives at the Bus Stop at 10:10am and will leave at 5:00pm every day, and tickets are only available for purchase during this time. Tickets can be purchased for 500g at the machine to the left of the bus during the hours that Pam is present.
It is possible to get the bus earlier than 10am by waiting for Pam outside her trailer at 8.30am and standing in her way. Once she walks through The Player, she will walk significantly faster than usual and reach the bus stop at 9:40am, and a ticket can be purchased as soon as she arrives. Purchasing a ticket at the machine triggers the bus to take The Player to the Calico Desert. Tickets include the return trip from the Desert to the Bus Stop.
It is not possible to take the bus to the Desert on Spring 25, due to Pam's appointment at Harvey's Clinic. You can use a Warp Totem: Desert or the Desert Obelisk to travel to the Desert.
If you leave your horse by the bus stop, when you return from the desert a message will appear on-screen saying "Your loyal horse waits patiently for your return." or "[Horse's name] is wondering where you have been."
Forageable items found on the ground at the Bus Stop are:
- In Spring: Daffodil (45%), Dandelion (35%), and Leek (20%)
- In Summer: Sweet Pea (47%), Spice Berry (27%), and Grape (27%)
- In Fall: Wild Plum (60%), and Hazelnut (40%)
- In Winter: Crocus (42%), Holly (35%), and Crystal Fruit (23%)
Forageable items spawn at an average rate of 1.0 per night in spring; in summer, fall, and winter the rate is 0.8 per night. The map shows the possible locations as red and magenta tiles; when the original trees are present, the magenta tiles have a 90% smaller chance of spawning items because they are identified as being behind the original trees.
Artifacts that can be found by digging up Artifact Spots at the Bus Stop are:
- Prehistoric Vertebra (0.7% + 3-5%)
- Prehistoric Handaxe (4%)
- Prehistoric Tool (3%)
- Ancient Doll (2.4%)
- Arrowhead (1.6%)
- Ancient Drum (0.7%)
- Strange Doll (green) (0.07%)
- Strange Doll (yellow) (0.07%)
Other possible items are:
- 1-3 Clay (17-34%)
- Lost Book (20% + 4-8%); once all Lost Books have been found, any potential Lost Book is replaced by Mixed Seeds.
- Only in Winter: Winter Root (20%)
- Only in Winter: Snow Yam (14%)
- 1-3 Stone (6-11%)
- 1-3 Copper Ore (5-9%)
- Only in Spring: 2-5 Rice Shoots (4%)
- An unseen Secret Note: up to 3% chance, only if the player has a Magnifying Glass.
Artifact spots spawn at an average rate of 0.11 per night, except in winter when the average rate increases to 0.8 per night.
Only two villagers walk through the Bus Stop map and have the potential to destroy items:
- Pam walks back and forth to the bus daily, only after the bus has been repaired.
- Abigail walks back and forth to the bush northeast of the bus on Tuesdays in the Fall.
The "Bus People" map area is an unused part of the game's introduction. The player was in control at this point, and could move around and interact with people and objects on the bus. This scene was removed from the game before its initial release, but some of the data related to this scene can still be found in the game's files.
The source code file Content\Strings\StringsFromCSFiles.xnb contains messages that would have been displayed when the player interacted with the various elements of this scene.
When the player talks to the bus driver after talking to Haley, an event will start playing involving an unknown character named Dobson. It's possible that "Dobson" was later replaced with the JojaMart manager, Morris. The source code file Locations\Bus.cs contains the actions and messages that would be take place if the event were able to play out.
The bus ticket shown below was never implemented in the released version of the game. It was intended to appear in the Player's wallet. In v1.3, the bus ticket image was replaced in game files with the Magnifying Glass image.
- After repairing the bus, Lewis will say "...did you hear? It seems the old town bus started working again overnight! That old thing has been dormant for decades... This is truly a great mystery."
- If the player warps to the Desert then takes the bus back before Pam arrives at the Bus Stop, the player will drive the bus.
- There is a video interpretation of the deleted content located at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmAqmihyooU
- ↑ For each forage item, the provided percentage is the average percentage of all forage items that will be the specified item for that season. The input data is Locations.xnb, which is processed by code in GameLocation::spawnObjects.
- ↑ Of the 1050 total tiles at the Bus Stop, 89 (8%) are valid spawn locations for standard forage items. For more information on forage item spawning, see Foraging.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 The chance of finding extra items in Artifact Spots in season-dependent. The maximum chance is in summer and fall. In winter, the chance is 50% less; in spring it is 6% less. See Artifact Spot for more information.
- ↑ Of the 1050 total tiles at the Bus Stop, 47 (4%) are valid spawn locations for artifact spots in spring, summer, and fall. 245 (23%) are valid spawn locations in winter. See Artifact Spot for more information.
|Locations||Backwoods • Beach • Bus Stop • Calico Desert • Cindersap Forest • Farm • Farm Cave • Farm Pond • Graveyard • Ginger Island • Minecart • Mines • Mountain • Mutant Bug Lair • Pelican Town • Quarry • Quarry Mine • Railroad • Secret Woods • Sewers • Skull Cavern • Summit • Tunnel • Volcano Dungeon • Witch's Swamp|