|A common pond fish.|
|Found in:||Mountain Lake • Secret Woods • The Sewers • Mutant Bug Lair|
|Time of Day:||Any|
|Fishing XP:||8 11 14 20|
|Base Price:|| Fisher:
| Angler: |
|Artisan Sell Prices|
|Roe:||Aged Roe:|| Aged Roe:|
Carp is always most abundant in the Secret Woods, comprising between 41% and 53% of all items caught there when it isn't raining. 
|Image||Name||Description||Ingredients||Restores||Recipe Source(s)||Sell Price|
|Carp Surprise||It's bland and oily.||Carp (4)|| 90
|Maki Roll||Fish and rice wrapped in seaweed.||Any Fish (1) Seaweed (1) Rice (1)|| 100
Stardrop Saloon for 300g
|Quality Fertilizer||Improves soil quality, increasing your chance to grow quality crops. Mix into tilled soil.||Sap (2) Any Fish (1)||N/A||Farming Level 9||10g|
|Sashimi||Raw fish sliced into thin pieces.||Any Fish (1)|| 75
Linus (Mail - 3+ )
Carp can be placed in a Fish Pond, where they will reproduce every day. The initial pond capacity is 3 fish, but the capacity can be increased to 10 by completing two quests. The only possible output is yellow Carp Roe (45g).
|Pond Capacity||Quest Item||Fishing XP Granted|
|Before Quest||After Quest|
|3||5||2 Green Algae||25|
|5||10||2 Cave Carrots||25|
|Item(s) Produced||Fishing XP Granted||Population||% of Items||Overall Daily Chance|
- Item Delivery: One carp may be randomly requested during Spring, Summer, or Fall at the "Help Wanted" board outside Pierre's General Store for a reward of 90g and 150 Friendship points.
- Fishing: Demetrius or Willy may randomly request 1-5 carp during Spring, Summer, or Fall at the "Help Wanted" board outside Pierre's General Store for a reward of 30g per fish. (You get to keep the fish).
- Two Carp may be requested by Dorado, Lingcod, or Pike in a Fish Pond quest to increase the capacity of the pond from 3 to 5.
- Carp are one of the easiest fish to catch, rarely moving past the 3rd bar on your fishing meter in the fishing mini-game, making it easier to get "Perfect" on your catches.
- See "Spawn rate" on the Modding fish data page.
- 1.4: Added iridium quality. Can now be used in Tailoring. Can be requested in Fish Pond quests.