During the first few days in Stardew Valley, the mines are closed due to an accident by Joja Corporation. On or around day 5, the player will receive a letter in the mail from Joja Corp, explaining that the landslide blocking the mines has been cleared, and the mine entrance will be open. At this point, combat becomes available to players who have not chosen the Wilderness Farm.
Experience level is increased immediately upon slaying a monster, but the "level up" window doesn't appear until the player sleeps (or until all players sleep in multiplayer).
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|Crafting Recipes:||Crafting Recipes:||Cooking Recipes:||Crafting Recipes:||Choose a Profession:|
|Sturdy Ring||Life Elixir||Roots Platter||Warrior Ring|| Fighter
|Level 6||Level 7||Level 8||Level 9||Level 10|
|Crafting Recipes:||Crafting Recipes:||Crafting Recipes:||Crafting Recipes:||Fighter:||Scout:|
|Oil of Garlic||Ring of Yoba||Explosive Ammo||Iridium Band|| Brute
Critical hit chance is computed in the following order:
- Each weapon has a base critical hit chance. For example, the Galaxy Sword has a critical hit chance of 2% .
- In 1.5, the Aquamarine forging increases crit chance in an additive manner via the following formula: critChance += 0.046 * forgingLevel. For example, with 3 Aquamarine forged, the crit chance is increased by 13.8%. With the Galaxy Sword, this means the chance is 15.8% .
- If a single aquamarine ring are used, critical hit chance is increased in a multiplicative manner by 10%. If two aquamarine rings are used, the critical hit chance is increased in a multiplicative manner by 20% .
- So with the galaxy sword and 1 ring and 3 forging: 15.8*1.1 = 17.38%.
- With 2 rings: 18.96%.
- Finally, the Scout Profession further increases critical hit chance in a multiplicative manner by 50% with the following formula: critChance = critChance * 1.5 . For the galaxy sword with 2 rings and 3 forging, and the scout profession, the critChance is: 18.96 * 1.5 = 28.44%
The Desperado profession increases the damage of critical hits again by 2x after all bonuses are applied. Further information about this is discussed in Crit. Power.
The following table lists the experience points gained for killing the indicated monster. (This data can be found in Data\Monsters.xnb as well as the constructors for Grub and Fly in the game code. In the Quarry Mine and dungeon floors of the Mines, monster data are set by MineShaft.getMonsterForThisLevel and the constructor for Bat in the game code.)
|Frost Jelly (i.e., Blue Slime)||6|
|Sludge (i.e., Red, Purple, Copper, or Iron Slime)||10|
Crit. Power adds additional damage when hitting a critical strike.
Defense affects how much damage the player takes from enemy strikes.
The Weight of a weapon affects how far an enemy will be knocked back when struck with the weapon.
- See weapons.xnb file in the game data.
- See StardewValley::AquamarineEnchantment.
- See StardewValley::Tools::MeleeWeapon.DoDamage and StardewValley::Objects::Ring.
- See StardewValley::GameLocation.damageMonster.
|Skills & Stats|
|Skills||Farming • Mining • Foraging • Fishing • Combat|
|Stats||Attack • Crit. Power • Defense • Immunity • Luck • Magnetism • Speed • Weight|