This wiki is a read-only version of the Stardew Valley Wiki. The official editable wiki maintained by ConcernedApe can be found at stardewvalleywiki.com
This page or section contains unmarked spoilers from update 1.5 of Stardew Valley. Mobile players may want to avoid or be cautious toward reading this article.
|Increases your chance to catch rare fish.|
The Curiosity Lure is a special type of fishing tackle that can be found as a drop from breaking boxes, crates, or barrels in the Quarry Mine, Skull Cavern, or the Volcano Dungeon on Ginger Island, or as a random drop from some monsters in Skull Cavern. It increases the chance to catch rare fish.
You must have an Iridium Rod to equip tackle. To attach tackle to an Iridium Rod, left-click on the tackle, then right-click on the Iridium Rod. To remove Tackle, first right-click to remove any bait, then right-click to remove the tackle.
While fishing in any location with this lure equipped, all fish bite chances are increased. Since all chances are increased with equal proportion to their existing bite chance, this ultimately results in trash showing up slightly less often. Note that this only refers to the calculation for determining which fish bites: this lure does not affect the time it takes before a fish will bite.
Fish Affected by Location
Certain fish are given a separate bite chance increase when using this lure. This replaces the global effect mentioned previously. Assuming other special requirements are met (such as it being the correct season or having a high enough fishing level), the curiosity lure will slightly improve the chance that the following fish will bite in these specific areas.
- Night Market fish (Note: this is a different calculation than submarine fishing.)
- Son of Crimsonfish
Notably, the Midnight Squid chance is not increased when fishing on the submarine, though it is increased when fishing on the beach (while meeting the other special requirements needed to fish for it there).
The Curiosity Lure is not used in any bundles.
The Curiosity Lure is not used in any quests.
- ↑ See the getFish method in the source file GameLocation.cs. This reduction in trash rate is due to a global increase in each fish's bite chance (with trash being the default case when no fish bite).
- ↑ See the getFish method in the source file Beach.cs.
- ↑ See the getFish method in the source file MineShaft.cs.
- ↑ See the getFish method in the source file Mountain.cs.
- ↑ See the getFish method in the source file Sewer.cs.
- ↑ See the getFish method in the source file Submarine.cs.
- ↑ See the getFish method in the source file Town.cs.
- 1.5: Introduced.