This wiki is a read-only version of the Stardew Valley Wiki. The official editable wiki maintained by ConcernedApe can be found at stardewvalleywiki.com
|A rare and valuable gem.|
|Source:||Monster drop Panning|
|Gemologist Profession: (+30% Sell Price)||975g|
A diamond may also be dropped by any Monster once you have reached the bottom of the Mines. Before reaching the bottom of the Mines, a Diamond may be dropped by a Red, Purple, Copper, or Iron Slime, or a Duggy. A Wilderness Golem may also rarely drop a diamond (0.1% chance).
Diamonds may also be found in Fishing Treasure Chests or by panning. After the player has reached the bottom of the Mines, they may also be found in Garbage Cans. An Ice Pip or Stonefish Fish Pond may produce a Diamond when the population of the pond reaches 9.
A book in the Museum, titled "A Study on Diamond Yields," contains the following information:
- After years of research in the mines, I believe I've learned something about diamond frequency. My research involved only the stones that are scattered about the mines... The ones broken with a pickaxe. Mineral yields from other sources require more research. Diamonds seem to only form at mine level 50 or greater. At level 50, approximately 1 in 500 stones will be diamond-rich.
A Diamond is arguably the best gem to duplicate in the Crystalarium, providing the largest source of money as a gem.
|Image||Name||Description||Ingredients||Recipe Source||Sell Price|
|Ring of Yoba||Occasionally shields the wearer from damage.||Iron Bar (5) Gold Bar (5) Diamond (1)||Combat Level 7||750g|
|Geode Crusher||Breaks geodes open automatically. Requires coal to operate.||Gold Bar (2) Stone (50) Diamond (1)||cannot be sold|
|Fairy Dust||Sprinkle on kegs, furnaces, and other refining equipment to instantly receive their product.||Diamond (1) Fairy Rose (1)||"The Pirate's Wife" quest||500g|
- The Diamond may be randomly requested during any season at the "Help Wanted" board outside Pierre's General Store for a reward of 2,250g and 150 Friendship points. The Diamond will never be requested until you have reached level 40+ of The Mines.
- One or two Diamonds may be requested by several fish in Fish Pond quests.
- 1.4: Can now be used in Tailoring. Can be requested in Fish Pond quests. Can be produced by Fish Ponds.
- 1.5: Can now be used in Fairy Dust recipe.
|Foraged Minerals||Earth Crystal • Fire Quartz • Frozen Tear • Quartz|
|Gems||Amethyst • Aquamarine • Diamond • Emerald • Jade • Prismatic Shard • Ruby • Topaz|
|Geode Minerals||Aerinite • Alamite • Baryte • Basalt • Bixite • Calcite • Celestine • Dolomite • Esperite • Fairy Stone • Fire Opal • Fluorapatite • Geminite • Ghost Crystal • Granite • Helvite • Hematite • Jagoite • Jamborite • Jasper • Kyanite • Lemon Stone • Limestone • Lunarite • Malachite • Marble • Mudstone • Nekoite • Neptunite • Obsidian • Ocean Stone • Opal • Orpiment • Petrified Slime • Pyrite • Sandstone • Slate • Soapstone • Star Shards • Thunder Egg • Tigerseye|
|Geodes||Geode • Frozen Geode • Magma Geode • Omni Geode|