|Junimos will harvest crops around the hut for you.|
|Build materials:||Stone (200) Starfruit (9) Fiber (100)|
A Junimo Hut will let out three Junimos every morning. Each Junimo will harvest crops by picking them one at a time until all nearby crops are harvested. The range of a hut is a 17x17 area centered on its doorway. This is 8 spaces in each direction, but the building's footprint covers one space to each side and above. This means that each junimo hut covers a total of 289 tiles, or 283 counting the hut’s footprint.
Junimos will not collect crops in the rain. Junimos continue to gather while you're not at the farm, however if you end the day before they finish gathering then the remaining crops within the vicinity of the hut are not automatically retrieved. Junimos stop gathering at 7:10pm and when you attend a festival.
If the entrance to the hut is obstructed, the Junimos may be unable to gather crops.
Junimo harvesting can be turned off by clicking on the Hut then clicking on the button depicting a green junimo harvesting a blueberry.
If Junimos harvest a crop, the player will not gain any Farming experience points. The quality of crops is, however, affected by the player's Farming level, the same as if the player harvested the crops.
Players will not be able to plant seeds on a tile if a Junimo is standing on it.
Players can retrieve crops from the hut whenever they'd like. A bag tied with a purple ribbon outside of the hut indicates that there are crops available for collection to the player, and it disappears after all goods are collected.
This bag holds up to 36 items, and behaves as though it were a Chest, in that players may take out or put things into it. If all 36 spaces in the bag are filled, the crops that the Junimos harvest will be dropped on the ground.
- It's not necessary to have 9 Starfruit of the same quality in order to build a Junimo Hut. The game will count the total number of Starfruit that you have in inventory.
- Junimos are inefficient harvesters and may not harvest all ready produce within their area in a single day. Obstacles can also lower their efficiency.
- Secret Note #24 hints at a secret ability of Junimos in Junimo Huts.
- The appearance of the Junimo Hut changes based on the season.
- Junimos will not collect crops in winter.
- If the player harvests a crop at the same time as a Junimo, it will softlock the game.
- 1.1: Introduced.
- 1.4: Added functionality hinted at in Secret Note #24.
- 1.5.2: Fixed Junimos not harvesting crops if you spent the night on the island or when you're not physically present.
|Merchants||Abandoned House • Adventurer's Guild • Blacksmith • Carpenter's Shop • Casino • Desert Trader • Fish Shop • Harvey's Clinic • Ice Cream Stand • Island Trader • JojaMart • Marnie's Ranch • Oasis • Pierre's General Store • Qi's Walnut Room • The Stardrop Saloon • Traveling Cart • Volcano Dwarf • Wizard's Tower|
|Houses||1 River Road • 2 River Road • 1 Willow Lane • 2 Willow Lane • 24 Mountain Road • Elliott's Cabin • Farmhouse • Island Farmhouse • Leah's Cottage • Mayor's Manor • Tent • Trailer • Treehouse|
|Farm Buildings||Farming||Barn • Cabin • Coop • Fish Pond • Greenhouse • Mill • Shed • Silo • Slime Hutch • Stable • Well|
|Special||Desert Obelisk • Earth Obelisk • Farm Obelisk • Gold Clock • Island Obelisk • Junimo Hut • Water Obelisk|
|Other Buildings||Community Center • Dog Pen • Island Field Office • Joja Warehouse • Movie Theater • Museum • Spa • Witch's Hut|