We are in the process of transferring the hosting and maintenance responsibilities of the wiki from Chucklefish to ConcernedApe, which is why the wiki will temporarily be hosted at stardewcommunitywiki.com. Soon the official wiki will resume at stardewvalleywiki.com and will be hosted going forward by ConcernedApe. Prior to the transfer to ConcernedApe we will update this site with the date on which the transfer will occur.
|Turns vegetables into pickles and fruit into jam.|
|Sell Price:||Cannot be sold|
|Recipe Source:||Farming (Level 4)|
|Ingredients:||Wood (50) Stone (40) Coal (8)|
- For a detailed analysis of profit using the Preserves Jar, see Preserves Jar Productivity.
Quality of ingredients makes no difference to the finished product. The value of the finished product is determined using the base value (i.e., with no silver or gold star) of the item. However, the preserved version is always more profitable than even gold star produce, although the profit margin is lower compared to normal produce.
Note that processing times are approximate, since time passes differently from 2am to 6am. One hour = 60 minutes from 6am to 2am, but 1 hour = 100 minutes from 2am to 6am. One full day is 1600 minutes, where day is 1200 minutes and night is 400 minutes.
|Image||Name||Description||Ingredients||Processing Time||Sell Price||Restores|
|Pickles||A jar of your home-made pickles.||Any vegetable (1)||4000m (2-3 days)||2 × Base Vegetable Price + 50||Inedible|
|Jelly||Gooey.||Any fruit (1)||4000m (2-3 days)||2 × Base Fruit Price + 50||Inedible|
|Caviar||The cured roe of a sturgeon fish. Considered to be a luxurious delicacy!||Sturgeon Roe (1)||6000m (4 days)||500g||17578|
|Aged Roe||Fish eggs aged in salt to bring out the flavor.||Roe (1)||4000m (2-3 days)||2 × base Roe sell price||10045|
- Items that have a 4000m processing time starting at 6:00am are done at 7:20pm two days later. Items starting between 12:40pm and 7:20pm are done at 6:00am three days later.
- If Caviar processing is started at 6am it finishes at 2am three days later, making it impossible to collect that day. It is ready four days later at the start of the day if processing begins before 12:40 pm.
Preserves Jar vs. Keg
The Preserves Jar increases the profit of a crop using the following equation: (2 × Base Crop Value + 50); while the Keg multiplies the base value of Fruits by 3, and Vegetables by 2.25. Because of this, low-value, high-yield crops like Corn or Tomatoes are more valuable in the preserves jar. The keg, on the other hand, favors crops with a much higher base value, such as Ancient Fruit or Melons.
Below is a list of crops that are more beneficial to be put in the preserves jar, along with their raw base sell price.
*Wine and jelly each sell for 150g, but jelly processes faster than wine.
It should be noted that these calculations only involve the value gained in terms of max profit; if looking at profit per day based on the time required, the preserves jar outpaces the keg regardless of the base value of the item (in every case except for Hops and Wheat) since the preserves jar has a much faster processing time.
- The description of the Preserves Jar states that it makes Jam, but it actually produces Jelly.
- The description of the Preserves Jar was not updated to include fish roe or caviar in version 1.4.
- 1.4: Added ability to make Caviar and Aged Roe. Adjusted processing time so that machines process 100 minutes from 2am to 6am, not every hour the player is asleep. Preserves Jars can now be stacked in a player's inventory and in chests.