|It can be used in cooking.|
Seaweed is an item that can be caught using a Fishing Rod in the ocean during all seasons, including a 41% chance to catch Seaweed while fishing in the deep-sea submarine ride at the Night Market. It is never caught in Crab Pots.
It can also be foraged from a narrow strip of shore by the Tide Pools, i.e. to the east of the wooden footbridge., but it spawns relatively infrequently (3% chance per night). The saltwater crab pot fish (Cockle, Crab, Lobster, Mussel, Oyster, and Shrimp) may produce 1-3 Seaweed in a Fish Pond when the population of the pond is at least 1.
Catching Seaweed with a Fishing Pole always produces standard-quality seaweed and gives 3 Fishing XP. Picking up Seaweed from the beach gives 7 Foraging XP, with quality controlled by foraging skill and bonuses (including possibly iridium quality).
Seaweed is displayed in the Fish section of the collection tab, and counts towards the four fishing Achievements. However, it is not otherwise considered to be a fish, and therefore cannot be sold to Willy at the Fish Shop.
Seaweed can be found in the ocean and on the beach.
Seaweed is not used in any bundles.
|Image||Name||Description||Ingredients||Restores||Recipe Source(s)||Sell Price|
|Maki Roll||Fish and rice wrapped in seaweed.||Any Fish (1) Seaweed (1) Rice (1)|| 100
Stardrop Saloon for 300g
|Fish Pond||Raise fish and harvest their produce. Fish multiply over time.||5,000g Stone (200) Seaweed (5) Green Algae (5)||5x5|
- See Beach::DayUpdate in the game code. The spawn position starts at point (66,24) on the beach map.
- In the game data (ObjectInformation.xnb) the type assigned to Seaweed is "Fish", but it is not assigned the Fish category (-4). The label displayed in-game and most uses are controlled by the category.
- 1.3: Added chance to catch during Night Market.
- 1.4: Added as forage to the beach. Added as Fish Pond build material. Can now be used in Tailoring. Can be requested in Fish Pond quests. Can be produced by Fish Ponds.
- 1.5: Can now be used as decoration in Fish Tanks.
|Spring||Common Mushroom • Daffodil • Dandelion • Leek • Morel • Salmonberry • Spring Onion • Wild Horseradish|
|Summer||Fiddlehead Fern • Grape • Red Mushroom • Spice Berry • Sweet Pea|
|Fall||Blackberry • Chanterelle • Common Mushroom • Hazelnut • Wild Plum|
|Winter||Crocus • Crystal Fruit • Holly • Snow Yam • Winter Root|
|The Beach||Clam • Cockle • Coral • Mussel • Nautilus Shell • Oyster • Rainbow Shell • Sea Urchin • Seaweed|
|The Mines||Cave Carrot • Purple Mushroom • Red Mushroom|
|The Desert||Cactus Fruit • Coconut|
|Skull Cavern||Dinosaur Egg • Fiddlehead Fern|
|Ginger Island||Ginger • Magma Cap|