We are in the process of transferring the hosting and maintenance responsibilities of the wiki from Chucklefish to ConcernedApe, which is why the wiki will temporarily be hosted at stardewcommunitywiki.com. Soon the official wiki will resume at stardewvalleywiki.com and will be hosted going forward by ConcernedApe. Prior to the transfer to ConcernedApe we will update this site with the date on which the transfer will occur.
|Allows you to cut and store grass for feed.|
|Build materials:||Stone (100) Clay (10) Copper Bar (5)|
Each silo can store up to 240 hay. The current amount stored can be checked by interacting with it. If the player owns multiple silos, it shows the combined total storage and capacity of all silos on The Farm.
Hay can be added to the silo in a number of ways:
- When The Player cuts grass on their farm with the scythe, there is a 50% chance that 1 hay is added to the silo.
- Hay can be purchased from Marnie's Ranch for 50g and added to the silo by left- or right-clicking on the silo while holding the hay.
- Hay can be obtained when harvesting Wheat and added to the silo in the same way.
- The silo is a good choice as a first building to be purchased. It takes fewer resources to build than other buildings, and allows a good stock of hay to be gathered before actually having to meet the needs of any animals.
- Cutting grass with a sword or similar weapon does not provide hay: only a scythe will stock the silo.
- Since all grass dies in Winter and farm animals will entirely rely on hay for the whole season, it's advisable to cut as much grass as needed to fill the silo(s) near the end of fall, even if it takes all the grass left on the farm.
- Instead of buying multiple silos, hay can be stored in a chest (when received as a gift in the mail from Marnie or withdrawn from the Hay Hopper before a Coop or Barn is fully upgraded). Hay can be moved from the chest to the Silo when necessary.
|Merchants||Abandoned House • Adventurer's Guild • Blacksmith • Carpenter's Shop • Casino • Desert Trader • Fish Shop • Harvey's Clinic • Ice Cream Stand • Island Trader • JojaMart • Marnie's Ranch • Oasis • Pierre's General Store • Qi's Walnut Room • The Stardrop Saloon • Traveling Cart • Volcano Dwarf • Wizard's Tower|
|Houses||1 River Road • 2 River Road • 1 Willow Lane • 2 Willow Lane • 24 Mountain Road • Elliott's Cabin • Farmhouse • Island Farmhouse • Leah's Cottage • Mayor's Manor • Tent • Trailer • Treehouse|
|Farm Buildings||Farming||Barn • Cabin • Coop • Fish Pond • Greenhouse • Mill • Shed • Silo • Slime Hutch • Stable • Well|
|Special||Desert Obelisk • Earth Obelisk • Farm Obelisk • Gold Clock • Island Obelisk • Junimo Hut • Water Obelisk|
|Other Buildings||Community Center • Dog Pen • Island Field Office • Joja Warehouse • Movie Theater • Museum • Spa • Witch's Hut|