We are in the process of transferring the hosting and maintenance responsibilities of the wiki from Chucklefish to ConcernedApe, which is why the wiki will temporarily be hosted at stardewcommunitywiki.com. Soon the official wiki will resume at stardewvalleywiki.com and will be hosted going forward by ConcernedApe. Prior to the transfer to ConcernedApe we will update this site with the date on which the transfer will occur.
Stardew Valley Fair
The Stardew Valley Fair is a festival that takes place on Tuesday, the 16th of Fall every year. You attend the fair by entering Pelican Town between 9am and 3pm. When you leave the festival, you will be returned to The Farm at 10pm.
On the day of the Festival, you cannot enter Pelican Town until 9am. Every home and shop outside the town square is "locked" and cannot be entered before or during the festival.
There are several games where you can earn Star Tokens, a currency that can be exchanged for prizes at the Shop near the entrance to the Bus Stop. The maximum number of tokens that can be held is 9,999.
It is worth noting that you can only purchase one of each item from the shop every year. Therefore, the maximum number of Star Tokens that may be used is 3,400 (1,400 if you have already purchased the Stardrop). The Shop will be fully stocked again the following year, with the exception of the Stardrop which may only be purchased once.
The Fair also has a Grange Display contest where products of the farm can be shown to gain Star Tokens. Talk to Mayor Lewis when ready to have the products judged. All of your Grange Display items can be picked up after judging, but they will NOT be automatically returned to your inventory. If you do leave the items behind in the Grange Display, you can retrieve them later in the Lost and Found.
The festival ends when you leave Pelican Town.
To participate in the showcase, bring up to nine items to put in the grange display which best showcase the players abilities. The display will be judged on the quality and diversity of the items, and is rewarded with star tokens based on the place achieved. Items can be retrieved after the judging is completed.
In a multiplayer game, there is a single display for the farm that is shared by all players. Only one player may interact with the display at a time - if a player is putting or removing items from the display, no other players may interact with the display. Once the host is satisfied with the display, they can initiate the judging by talking to Lewis. Lewis will score the display, and all players will receive the same placement. Once the judging is complete, each player must separately talk to Lewis to receive the Star Tokens.
Games can still be played at the fair after the grange display is judged.
|Disqualified||750||0 (include Mayor Lewis's shorts)|
The points are calculated as follows:
14 points are awarded automatically.
Number of Items
Points based on how many items are submitted, according to the formula: 2x-9 (Where x is the number of items on display).
|Number of items||Points awarded|
It is always better to try and fill all nine spots, even if the items submitted are trash, since leaving any spot empty will lessen the overall score.
There are eight categories of items recognized by the Fair: Animal Products, Artisan Goods, Cooking, Fish, Foraging (including Flowers and Tree Saps), Fruits, Minerals, and Vegetables. Each category represented in the display earns 5 points, up to a maximum of 30 points. This means only six of these categories need to be filled to maximize the score.
Below are the items that the Fair will recognize in each category. Any items which do not fall into any of these categories will not earn the additional 5 points, but will earn points based on the sell price and quality, explained in the next section.
|Note that Roe is not considered an animal product, it is considered trash when calculating score
|Note that Clam is not considered "fish", it is considered trash when calculating score
|Foraging, Flowers, and Tree Saps|
Sell Price & Quality
A number of points for each item are awarded based on its sell price and quality, with a maximum of 8 points per item. The sell price used in-game is the actual sell price, not the base sell price. For example, a gold-quality item with a base sell price of 200g would earn points for having an actual sell price of 300g AND for being gold quality.
Note: Profession bonuses (which affect in-game sell prices) are not included in the calculations on this page.
|Sell Price||Normal Quality||Silver Quality||Gold Quality||Iridium Quality|
Assuming that nine items, each worth 8 points, are submitted and that the items represent at least six unique categories, the highest score obtainable is 125 (14 + 72 + 9 + 30). Getting the maximum score of 125 is only possible if one has access to Deluxe Fertilizer. Out of the eight categories that exist, six contain 8-point items: Animal Products, Artisan Goods, Fish, Foraging, Fruits, and Vegetables. 8 point Vegetable items are only obtainable with Deluxe Fertilizer. Without deluxe fertilizer to grow iridium quality crops, the next best vegetable item is the iridium-quality fiddlehead fern, at 7 points. Because of this, the highest score obtainable without access to Deluxe Fertilizer is 124.
Once the judging is complete, make sure to retrieve the items from the table, as they are not automatically returned. If you do forget to retrieve them though, you can find them later in the Lost and Found in the Mayor's Manor.
|Dried Sunflowers||Can be placed inside your house.||100|
|Fedora||A city-slicker's standard.||500|
|Rarecrow||Collect them all! (1 of 8)||800|
|Stardrop||A mysterious fruit that empowers those who eat it. The flavor is like a dream... a powerful personal experience, yet difficult to describe to others.||2,000|
|Light Green Rug||Can be placed inside your house.||500|
|Tea Sapling (1)||2||Takes 20 days to mature. Produces tea leaves during the final week of each season, except winter. No watering necessary!||400|
|Pepper Poppers (1)||2||Spicy breaded peppers filled with cheese.||250|
|Glowstone Ring (1)||1||Emits a constant light, and also increases your radius for collecting items.||1,000|
|Hay (100)||1||Dried grass used as animal food.||500|
|Mixed Seeds (24)||1||There's a little bit of everything here. Plant them and see what grows!||1,000|
One week from today, we are holding the Stardew Valley Fair in the town square!
It's the biggest event of the year, drawing people from all across the country to our humble town.
If you'd like, you can set up a grange display for the event. Just bring up to 9 items that best showcase your talents. You'll be judged on the quality and diversity of your display.
The fair starts at 9 AM... don't miss it!-Mayor Lewis”
- If you place Mayor Lewis' Purple Shorts in your grange display, he becomes upset and gives you 750 star tokens to keep his secret. Marnie also comments on the "purple lettuce" in your display.
- When going to the barbecue where Gus is preparing food, Evelyn comments that she wishes that he would provide vegetarian options. However, the Survival Burgers that are being served are made out of vegetarian options (bread, cave carrot, and eggplant).
- If you speak to Caroline, she says that Pierre has "been setting aside the best-looking produce for weeks in preparation" for the fair. However, his grange display contains produce that would spoil after sitting for weeks in real life.
- When playing the Smashing Stone game, if you hit the stone when the bar is at the very bottom, the player is awarded a single star token and given the dialogue,
|“||“Wow. Zero strength. I'm actually impressed with how weak you are. Here's a star token.”|
- The Fortune Teller refers to the Dwarf as "she" even though the Dwarf's gender in the game data is "undefined" (Content\Data\NPCDispositions.xnb). That's due to the way the gender check in the code is written, with all non-males defaulting to "she" and no checks for "undefined" genders.
- When playing the fishing mini-game, if you press the button assigned to "use tool" the moment you collect the fish, the game glitches and causes you to be able to catch another fish. The pole is invisible, however, and when you catch the fish, it is also invisible. There is also extra delay time after collecting the invisible fish. However, the game still gives you points.
- When playing the fishing mini-game, you will appear to be facing the wrong direction, and your appearance will be bugged. The fishing rod will appear to cast in the wrong direction, however, the appearance of the player and direction of the rod are both temporarily corrected while fishing. Once no longer fishing, the bugged appearance returns. This has no impact on the ability to play the game.
- 1.4: Fixed bug where NPCs would follow non-festival schedules after the festival. Fixed openings allowing players outside the festival area.
- 1.5: Added Lost and Found to Mayor Lewis' house for items left in the Grange Display. Added random items to Pierre's shop.
|Spring||Egg Festival • Flower Dance|
|Summer||Luau • Dance of the Moonlight Jellies|
|Fall||Stardew Valley Fair • Spirit's Eve|
|Winter||Festival of Ice • Night Market • Feast of the Winter Star|