This wiki is a read-only version of the Stardew Valley Wiki. The official editable wiki maintained by ConcernedApe can be found at stardewvalleywiki.com
Wiki moderator since before time began. If you'd like to ask wiki-related questions, leave a note on my talk page.
Although I am a mod for the wiki in all languages, I speak primarily English (and a wee bit of French), so I may have made some blunders in languages other than English. Don't be afraid to fix those! Just please stick to in-game translations wherever possible.
Basic mediawiki reference pages
- Basic formatting - boldface, italics, indentation
- Syntax for internal and external links
- Intro. to templates
- Parser functions
- Magic words (not really very magical)
- All about images and image galleries
It's there for a reason. Use it!! I promise, it won't bite.
If you edit a page, they look like this:
[[de:Bier]] [[en:Beer]] [[es:Cerveza]] [[fr:Bière]] [[it:Birra]] [[ja:ビール]] [[ko:맥주]] [[hu:Sör]] [[pt:Cerveja]] [[ru:Пиво]] [[tr:Bira]] [[zh:啤酒]]
These links show up in the left sidebar, under "In other languages". If you're translating a page, be sure to add the english link
[[en:Beer]] and remove the link for the language you're translating into.
NOTE that the above example is for Beer. Language links for other items will be different.
Overall...are an objective mess. Yep, I'm aware. No, I haven't figured out the best solution for fixing them. Yes, I've looked at the game code. No, I'm not really up for creating a program to run through it with full accuracy.
If you play on PC, there's a mod for that anyway.
There's also this utility: https://stardew.djomp.co.uk/, recently updated for v1.4.
- Remember not to make "to do" lists. ...OK, my personal "to do" list has over 300 items, some of them from 2017, but I'll get to it eventually.
- For translators:
- List of v1.3 changes needed in other languages
- Version 1.4 updates: Check the Version History page, and the "History" sections of individual pages. It's a lot, so good luck!
- Version 1.5 updates: Again, it's a LOT! For now, exercise caution in copying pages marked as stubs, as they may contain inaccurate info. Good luck out there!