Vegetable is the category used for many of the Crops grown on the farm. One foraged item, Fiddlehead Fern, is also considered to be a vegetable. Other foraged items that are real-life vegetables (e.g., Leeks, Spring Onions) are categorized as Forage instead of Vegetable and therefore are not included here.
All vegetables share several in-game characteristics.
- Their sell prices are increased by 10% if the player has the Tiller profession.
- They can be placed in a Preserves Jar to make Pickles.
- They can be placed in a Keg. In most cases, the product is Juice, except: Wheat produces Beer, Hops produce Pale Ale and Tea Leaves produce Green Tea.
- Vegetables (other than Hops, Tea Leaves, Unmilled Rice, and Wheat) are a universally liked gift; all villagers other than Abigail, Haley, Jas, Sam, and Vincent like them. There are various individual exceptions, however, as detailed at Universal Likes exceptions, and on the invididual vegetable and villager pages.
- Vegetables are one category used when scoring items in the Grange Display at the Stardew Valley Fair.
- They can be sold at the General Store (as well as in the Shipping Bin).
- All shipped vegetables are added to the Items Shipped page of the Collections tab.
The following tables lists all vegetables, where to obtain them, how much they sell for, and the prices of the artisan goods produced using a Preserves Jar or Keg.