We are in the process of transferring the hosting and maintenance responsibilities of the wiki from Chucklefish to ConcernedApe, which is why the wiki will temporarily be hosted at stardewcommunitywiki.com. Soon the official wiki will resume at stardewvalleywiki.com and will be hosted going forward by ConcernedApe. Prior to the transfer to ConcernedApe we will update this site with the date on which the transfer will occur.
This page or section contains unmarked spoilers from update 1.5 of Stardew Valley. Console and mobile players may want to avoid or be cautious toward reading this article.
|A special kind of wood with superior strength and beauty.|
|Source:||Foraging • Woodskip (Fish Pond) • Mahogany Trees|
Six (6) Large Stumps respawn daily in the Secret Woods, making it possible to obtain 12 Hardwood per day. If you have the Forest Farm map there are eight (8) more stumps at the left side of your farm making for an additional 16 Hardwood that respawns daily. It can also be received as loot by breaking barrels and boxes in the Mines.
|Cheese Press||Turns milk into cheese.||Wood (45) Stone (45) Hardwood (10) Copper Bar (1)||Farming Level 6|
|Oil Maker||Makes gourmet truffle oil.||Slime (50) Hardwood (20) Gold Bar (1)||Farming Level 8|
|Hardwood Fence||The most durable type of fence.||Hardwood (1)||Farming Level 6|
|Cork Bobber||Slightly increases the size of your "fishing bar".||Wood (10) Hardwood (5) Slime (10)||Fishing Level 7|
|Worm Bin||Produces bait on a regular basis. The worms are self-sufficient.||Hardwood (25) Gold Bar (1) Iron Bar (1) Fiber (50)||Fishing Level 8|
|Warp Totem: Beach||Warp directly to the beach. Consumed on use.||Hardwood (1) Coral (2) Fiber (10)||Foraging Level 6|
|Warp Totem: Mountains||Warp directly to the mountains. Consumed on use.||Hardwood (1) Iron Bar (1) Stone (25)||Foraging Level 7|
|Warp Totem: Farm||Warp directly to your house. Consumed on use.||Hardwood (1) Honey (1) Fiber (20)||Foraging Level 8|
|Warp Totem: Desert||Warp directly to Calico Desert. Consumed on use.||Hardwood (2) Coconut (1) Iridium Ore (4)||Desert Trader for Iridium Bar (10)|
|Warp Totem: Island||Warp directly to Ginger Island. Consumed on use.||Hardwood (5) Dragon Tooth (1) Ginger (1)||Volcano Shop for 10,000g|
|Rain Totem||Activate to greatly increase the chance for rain tomorrow. Consumed on use.||Hardwood (1) Truffle Oil (1) Pine Tar (5)||Foraging Level 9|
|Stump Brazier||Provides a moderate amount of light.||Hardwood (5) Coal (1)||Purchased at Carpenter's Shop|
|Carved Brazier||Provides a moderate amount of light.||Hardwood (10) Coal (1)||Purchased at Carpenter's Shop|
|Skull Brazier||Provides a moderate amount of light.||Hardwood (10) Solar Essence (1) Coal (1)||Purchased at Carpenter's Shop|
|Cask||Use in the cellar to age products like wine and cheese.||Wood (20) Hardwood (1)||Farmhouse cellar upgrade|
|Farmhouse Upgrade 2||Adds two new rooms, one empty, and one with a crib and two single beds, thus allowing you to have children. Kitchen and bedroom are larger.||50,000g Hardwood (150)|
|Stable||Allows you to keep and ride a horse. Horse included.||10,000g Hardwood (100) Iron Bar (5)|
- Robin requests 10 Hardwood by mail on the 21st of Winter in the "Robin's Request" Quest. The reward is 500g and 1 Friendship heart.
- Robin requests 80 Hardwood in the "Robin's Project" Special Order. The reward is 2,000g and the Deluxe Red Double Bed Recipe.
- Willy's Boat needs 200 Hardwood to repair the boat's outer hull.
- 10 Hardwood are requested by Woodskip in a Fish Pond quest to increase the capacity of the pond from 1 to 3.
- 5 Hardwood may be requested by Crayfish, Periwinkle, or Snail in a Fish Pond quest to increase the capacity of the pond from 5 to 7.
- 1.4: Can now be used in Tailoring. The Forester Profession no longer increases the sale price of Hardwood. Added Warp Totem: Desert recipe. Can be requested in Fish Pond quests. Can be produced by Fish Ponds.
- 1.5: Can now be obtained by chopping down Mahogany Trees. Needed in Special Order 'Robin's Project' and repairing Willy's Boat.
|Basic||Clay • Coal • Fiber • Hardwood • Stone • Wood • Battery Pack|
|Ore||Copper Ore • Iron Ore • Gold Ore • Iridium Ore • Radioactive Ore|
|Bars||Copper Bar • Iron Bar • Gold Bar • Iridium Bar • Radioactive Bar • Refined Quartz|