This page or section contains unmarked spoilers from update 1.5 of Stardew Valley. Mobile players may want to avoid or be cautious toward reading this article.
|A special kind of wood with superior strength and beauty.|
|Source:||Foraging • Woodskip (Fish Pond) • Mahogany Trees|
Hardwood is a resource. It is obtained by chopping down a Mahogany Tree with any axe, a Large Stump with a Copper Axe or better, or a Large Log with a Steel Axe or better.
Six (6) Large Stumps respawn daily in the Secret Woods, making it possible to obtain 12 Hardwood per day. If you have the Forest Farm map there are eight (8) more stumps at the left side of your farm making for an additional 16 Hardwood that respawns daily. It can also be received as loot by breaking barrels and boxes in the Mines.
Normal trees have a chance of dropping Hardwood with the Lumberjack Profession. Robin may also gift you 25 Hardwood at the Feast of the Winter Star.
A Woodskip Fish Pond may produce 5 Hardwood when the population of the pond reaches 6.
|Cheese Press||Turns milk into cheese.||Hardwood (10) Wood (45) Stone (45) Copper Bar (1)||Farming Level 6|
|Oil Maker||Makes gourmet truffle oil.||Hardwood (20) Slime (50) Gold Bar (1)||Farming Level 8|
|Hardwood Fence||The most durable type of fence.||Hardwood (1)||Farming Level 6|
|Cork Bobber||Slightly increases the size of your "fishing bar".||Hardwood (5) Wood (10) Slime (10)||Fishing Level 7|
|Worm Bin||Produces bait on a regular basis. The worms are self-sufficient.||Hardwood (25) Gold Bar (1) Iron Bar (1) Fiber (50)||Fishing Level 8|
|Warp Totem: Beach||Warp directly to the beach. Consumed on use.||Hardwood (1) Coral (2) Fiber (10)||Foraging Level 6|
|Warp Totem: Mountains||Warp directly to the mountains. Consumed on use.||Hardwood (1) Iron Bar (1) Stone (25)||Foraging Level 7|
|Warp Totem: Farm||Warp directly to your house. Consumed on use.||Hardwood (1) Honey (1) Fiber (20)||Foraging Level 8|
|Warp Totem: Desert||Warp directly to Calico Desert. Consumed on use.||Hardwood (2) Coconut (1) Iridium Ore (4)||Desert Trader for Iridium Bar (10)|
|Warp Totem: Island||Warp directly to Ginger Island. Consumed on use.||Hardwood (5) Dragon Tooth (1) Ginger (1)||Volcano Shop (10,000g)|
|Rain Totem||Activate to greatly increase the chance for rain tomorrow. Consumed on use.||Hardwood (1) Truffle Oil (1) Pine Tar (5)||Foraging Level 9|
|Stump Brazier||Provides a moderate amount of light.||Hardwood (5) Coal (1)||Carpenter's Shop (800g)|
|Carved Brazier||Provides a moderate amount of light.||Hardwood (10) Coal (1)||Carpenter's Shop (2,000g)|
|Cask||Use in the cellar to age products like wine and cheese.||Hardwood (1) Wood (20)||Farmhouse cellar upgrade|
|Ostrich Incubator||Hatches ostrich eggs into baby ostriches. Place in a barn.||Hardwood (50) Bone Fragment (50) Cinder Shard (20)||Professor Snail after completing his collections and surveys|
|Heavy Tapper||Place on a maple, oak, or pine tree and wait for the reservoir to fill with product! Works twice as fast as a normal tapper.||Hardwood (30) Radioactive Bar (1)||Mr. Qi ( 20)|
|Mini-Obelisk||Place two on the farm to warp between them.||Hardwood (30) Solar Essence (20) Gold Bar (3)||Wizard (Special Order)|
|Hopper||Items placed inside will automatically be loaded into the machine in front of it.||Hardwood (10) Iridium Bar (1) Radioactive Bar (1)||Mr. Qi ( 50)|
|Farmhouse Upgrade 2||Adds two new rooms, one empty, and one with a crib and two single beds, thus allowing you to have children. Kitchen and bedroom are larger.||50,000g Hardwood (150)|
|Stable||Allows you to keep and ride a horse. Horse included.||10,000g Hardwood (100) Iron Bar (5)|
Ten Hardwood are required for the Construction Bundle in the Crafts Room.
Hardwood is used in the spool of the Sewing Machine with Cloth in the feed to create a Shirt. It is a brown dye when used in the spool of the Sewing Machine with a dyeable clothing item in the feed. It can be placed in the orange dye pot at Emily's and Haley's house for use in dyeing.
- Robin requests 10 Hardwood by mail on the 21st of Winter in the "Robin's Request" Quest. The reward is 500g and 1 Friendship heart.
- Robin requests 80 Hardwood in the "Robin's Project" Special Order. The reward is 2,000g and the Deluxe Red Double Bed Recipe.
- Willy's Boat needs 200 Hardwood to repair the boat's outer hull.
- 10 Hardwood are requested by Woodskip in a Fish Pond quest to increase the capacity of the pond from 1 to 3.
- 5 Hardwood may be requested by Crayfish, Periwinkle, or Snail in a Fish Pond quest to increase the capacity of the pond from 5 to 7.
- 1.4: Can now be used in Tailoring. The Forester Profession no longer increases the sale price of Hardwood. Used as an ingredient to the Warp Totem: Desert recipe. Can be requested in Fish Pond quests. Can be produced by Fish Ponds.
- 1.5: Can now be obtained by chopping down Mahogany Trees. Needed in Special Order 'Robin's Project' and repairing Willy's Boat. Used as an ingredient to the Warp Totem: Island, Ostrich Incubator, Heavy Tapper, Mini-Obelisk, and Hopper recipes. No longer used as an ingredient to the Skull Brazier recipe.
|Basic||Clay • Coal • Fiber • Hardwood • Stone • Wood • Battery Pack|
|Ore||Copper Ore • Iron Ore • Gold Ore • Iridium Ore • Radioactive Ore|
|Bars||Copper Bar • Iron Bar • Gold Bar • Iridium Bar • Radioactive Bar • Refined Quartz|