This page or section contains unmarked spoilers from update 1.5 of Stardew Valley. Mobile players may want to avoid or be cautious toward reading this article.
The Island Field Office can be found on the North Side of the Ginger Island.
Until Professor Snail is rescued from the nearby cave, the office remains empty with no interactable elements. After the rescue, you can donate fossils to him and answer the Island Survey on the wall, in return for Golden Walnuts.
You may donate fossil or mummy artifacts to the office so that the skeletal or bodily remains can reconstruct the forms of four different creatures. In some cases, multiple fossils of the same kind are required.
Items can be found throughout Ginger Island, in Artifact Spots, by fishing, breaking bone nodes and weeds, killing monsters, or panning.
This article is marked as a stub for the following reason:
- Some item locations may be inaccurate.
||Item (# Required)
||How to obtain
||Mummified Bat (1)
||The delicate wings have been perfectly preserved.
||Breaking rocks in the Volcano Dungeon
The professor will ask you to locate the number of an item located throughout the entire island.
The player may attempt to answer the survey correctly once per day, and must wait until the next day if answering incorrectly.
| 22 Purple Flowers
| 18 Purple Starfish
A completed Island Field Office
- For completing the Large Animal collection, the player is rewarded with 6 Golden Walnuts and 1 Banana Sapling.
- For completing the Snake collection, the player is rewarded with 3 Golden Walnuts and 1 Mango Sapling.
- For donating the Mummified Frog, the player is rewarded with 1 Golden Walnut.
- For donating the Mummified Bat, the player is rewarded with 1 Golden Walnut.
- For completing all four fossils and the island survey, the player is rewarded with the Ostrich Incubator recipe.
- For completing each Island Survey, the player is rewarded with 1 Golden Walnut.